List of 50 things to reuse!
1. Reuse your blankets and towels. Bring them to a local shelter that will be glad to put them to good use and give animals a soft, warm place to sit.
2. Reuse seeds from fruit and vegetables and try to grow them!
3. Reuse old plastic bags. There are 10 creative ways to reuse plastic bags here.
4. Reuse paper bags as school book covers, or be a little more creative with these ideas.
5. Cut used pieces of paper into scrap pieces of paper (a message pad!).
6. Reuse stove heat by opening up the stove once you are done with it and letting the warm air into your home in colder weather. Reuse the heat!
7. Reuse coffee grinds by keeping them aside and placing them into your garden or soil.
8. Reuse coffee that you don’t drink by putting it over ice and placing it in the fridge for an iced coffee later.
9. Reuse Christmas trees (not the fake ones) by putting them outside for birds and letting it naturally break down.
10. Reuse packing peanuts, air pillows, bubble wrap and boxes for your own ebay shipping, or bring them by the local post office or recycling center for others to use.
11. Reuse pens and art supplies by donating them to local schools.
12. Reuse your old carpet. Even slightly dirty carpets can have a second life.
13. Reuse your old food scraps by composting them.
14. Reuse your used margarine and butter tubs by cleaning them and keeping them for leftovers (free ziploc containers!).
15. Reuse old clothing by donating it to a local charity.
16. Reuse the stuffing from old pillows and comforters into new items. Reuse the pillow covers for rags.
17. Reuse used wrapping paper and save it for next year.
18. Reuse newspaper, interesting magazines, and other paper products by using them as wrapping paper.
19. Reuse kiddie pool water on plants and shrubs.
20. Reuse your old paint by finding things to paint in your home, touch up, or donate it to a local charity.
21. Reuse your old toilet paper rolls.
22. Reuse old wallpaper and turn it into one of a_willow’s suggestions!
23. Never throw away an old book, donate it to a library or to your recycling center, or a school! They can reuse it.
24. Reuse old curtains as rags for cleaning your car.
25. Reuse your old electronics by selling them on Craigslist or on eBay.
26. Reuse old glass containers with lids and save them for leftovers, or, make your own jam or jelly. Food safe airtight glass containers would be great for storing rice, pasta, sugar and flour.
27. Reuse your old sneakers by donating them to Nike’s Shoe recycling program (okay, this is more recycling, but it’s important!)
28. Reuse greeting cards.
29. Reuse your old toothbrush and use it to clean hard to reach areas like around the sink, your drains, faucets and grout.
30. Save stale bread and give it to the birds in the backyard (be sure to rip it small enough so they can eat it!).
31. Make a piece of artwork with your old metal cans.
32. Make your own checker set by reusing your old bottle caps.
33. There are over 20 ways to reuse your old furniture here.
34. Sell or donate your old cellphone to the one of many companies out there.
35. Sell old clothing and let others reuse it, provided it looks good still.
36. For your next home renovation project, you might be able to reuse your old floor tiles.
37. Reuse popsicle sticks with these ingenius, crafty ideas.
38. Even bicycle tires can be reused.
39. Reuse old seafood seashells by crushing them and using them in your garden as decoration.
40. There are at least five ways you can reuse your old drinking straws.
41. Reuse insulation when building a home, or adding insulation. This will save energy and money!
42. There are some creative things you can do with old metal pie pan plates.
43. Reuse old aluminum foil by judging whether you it is clean enough to use again. If you’re using it for bread or dry goods, you should be able to shake it off and set it aside for next time (provided it is clean).
44. Reuse old spray bottles by first making sure they are okay to reuse (see the back of the bottle) and filling them with water to spray plants.
45. Reuse your old CDs and DVDs with these tips.
46. Reuse your old yard debris! Leaves, lawn cuttings, and wood chips naturally fertilize and add nutrients to your soil.
47. If you receive a gift in a gift bag, save it for another occasion and reuse that bag!
48. Is your old keyboard the perfect seedling starter?
49. Reuse your old toothpaste tubes.
50. Yes, you can even reuse your mattress.