You know what really chaps my hide? When expensive cleaning products in the store masquerade under the “green” label. But these supposedly environmentally conscious cleaning products are often far from it. Many chemicals that remain in these cleaning products are terrible for the environment and aren’t particularly good to have inside if your house.
You will need:
- Oranges, or any other citrus fruit.
- Distilled white vinegar
Pretty simple, right? Here’s how to make it:
- Eat your oranges. They’re good for you!
- Place the peels in a jar with a lid. You can freeze your peels if you don’t feel like eating a bunch of oranges at once.
- Once your jar is full of orange peels fill to the top with vinegar and screw on the lid.
- Allow the 2 ingredients to steep for about 14 days.
- After 2 weeks, strain the peels from the vinegar. I use a cone coffee filter for this.
- Dilute 2 parts water, 1 part vinegar solution. You can make it stronger or weaker depending on how dirty your things are.
Courtesy of DIY Survivalism http://diysurvivalism.com/diy-household-cleaner/